Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just recently introduced Paul to Bok Choy. He had never even heard of it. I was really happy with his reaction. I thought this was delicious.
- 1 head bok choy, sliced, both white and green parts
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Rinse and drain bok choy and set aside.
- Sauté onion and ginger in olive oil and sesame oil until onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and sauté for about 8 minutes.
This is very tasty. I am trying to add more leafy greens to our diet & found this recipe. Try it!
I love bok choy and I enjoyed this simple way to prepare it. This makes for a great side dish to an Asian meal. I didn't cook mine the full 8 minutes because I like my bok choy to have more crunch to it. Next time I think I'd add some garlic and more sesame oil just to pick up the flavor a bit. Thanx for posting!