Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just recently introduced Paul to Bok Choy. He had never even heard of it. I was really happy with his reaction. I thought this was delicious. This is a great side dish to a marinated flank steak and pairs well with a nice Riesling.
- 1 head bok choy, sliced, both white and green parts
- 78.07 ml onion, diced
- 7.39 ml grated gingerroot
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml dark sesame oil
- 4.92 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 7.39 ml sesame seeds
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Rinse and drain bok choy and set aside.
- Sauté onion and ginger in olive oil and sesame oil until onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and sauté for about 8 minutes.
I love bok choy and I really enjoyed this. It's not bland, but it's subtly seasoned, so it doesn't drown out the delicious vegetable itself. I could easily eat this as a main dish...... mybe with some shiitake mushrooms thrown in. Yum! Thanx for sharing!
I've made this several times now as a side dish with teriyaki tofu and wasabi mashed potatoes. It always goes over well. Substitute soy sauce for the fish sauce if you want to make it fully vegetarian or just don't have any fish sauce.
This is really good. I threw in some cabbage just to make more of this deliousness.