Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tomato salsa with all the trimmings
- 12 tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 4 -6 jalapenos, seeds removed
- 2 anaheim chilies, seeds removed
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice or 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika (mexican)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- I make my salsa fresh, I don't cook it, unless I want to can it, then I'll cook some of it and can it for the future.
- Chop veggies and put in big bowl.
- note-wear gloves when dealing with the peppers.
- Add spices, canned items, and liquids.
- Stir altogether and enjoy.