Recipe by CHILI SPICE
Fabulous Family favorite!!! Super easy and lots of flavor! Made many times and never had negative results. If there are any leftovers this salmon makes a wonderful salad topper for lunch or a salmon salad sandwich. When cooking on the cedar plank or adding liquid smoke, it takes the salmon to a whole new level of flavor. Awesome... best of all this is pretty much idiot proof! Try serving with Crazy Easy Corn (On the Cob) or Corn and Tomato Salad With Cilantro Dressing for a great tasty feast.
Top Review by Elise F.
I like flavorful food, so as a couple of other reviewers noted you will need to add extra garlic and ginger to this recipe to achieve the appropriate punch. Not a bad base recipe, just a tad bland...it became a 5 star recipe with the addition of the extra garlic and ginger as well as a little rice wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, Thai chili sauce, red pepper flakes and a dash of Worcestershire sauce (in lieu of fish sauce). I would have added some lime juice if I'd had it but I don't know if it would have benefited, as these additions made it super flavorful. Lots of umami!! Could also jazz this base recipe up by adding toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds and lime juice. I suggest you give this one a try and play with it til it suits your liking...food is fun!
- 4 salmon fillets or 4 salmon steaks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped (2 green onions)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, and ginger to make a marinade, pour over salmon and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator. (no longer than an hour or the salt in the soy will begin to cook the meat).
- Grill, bake or grill salmon for about 4 minutes per side (when salmon flakes when pierced with a fork).
- **** (for a smokier flavor, add a couple splashes of liquid smoke to marinade -or- soak cedar planks in water for a few hours and grill the salmon on the cedar on the bbq). FABULOUS FAMILY FAVORITE (KIDS TOO). ****.