1/7 Photos of The Best Rosemary Focaccia Bread
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from the site italianfoodforever.com. I found it about a year ago and have made it countless times, for countless occasions. I have messed up many things in this recipe and still it always turns out great. It is very simple--I LOVE it! *NOTE: Based on some reviews, you may need to add a bit more water. Remember that there are lots of variables in baking, and that making any kind of yeast bread may require adjustment depending on climate, altitude, and your ingredients. Your success comes from sensing the dough and what it needs, not from following a recipe to the letter. So if it feels dry, add a bit more water a tablespoon at a time until it feels more elastic. For the record, I have never had to add more water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of the warm water, and let sit 10 minutes until bubbly.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, Ts. of salt, yeast mixture and remaining water.
- 3Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and then your hands.
- 4Transfer to a floured work surface and knead by hand for a few minutes or until smooth.
- 5Place in a well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Punch down and place on an oiled baking sheet, forming into an oval or circle.
- 7Dimple the top surface with your finger tips, and then drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and rosemary.
- 8Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 10Variations: Instead of the rosemary, you might add 2-3 tablespoons of fresh chopped sage to the dough with some Fresh Parmesan on top.
- 11Other alternatives are sliced olives, thinly sliced zucchini or thinly sliced onions.
- 12Such cheeses as grated Parmesan, Mozzarella, or Fontina are also good.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Serving Size: 1 (668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2108.5
- Calories from Fat 768
- Total Fat 85.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2344.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 289.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 41.7 g