1/4 Photos of The Best Rice Pudding !
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Left over rice never had it so good ! This creamy pudding is the perfect way to use up the extra white rice from Chinese take-out or from tonight's supper, and delicious enough to make you cook some up fresh, just so you can have this for dessert! Tastes great warm or cold--Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine sugar, salt, cornstarch and nutmeg.
- 2Add milk, egg yolks, and vanilla, using wire whisk to beat until smooth.
- 3Add cooked rice, and pour into a 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish--you can also use a 9 x 9 square baking dish, but you'll need to decrease the cooking time by at least 15 minutes, if not more, so check carefully after the first hour.
- 4Place baking dish into larger pan, and pour hot water into outer pan to create a 1 inch deep water bath.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours, or until pudding is creamy and milk is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Rice Pudding !
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 249.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g