Cook1 hr 30 mins
Left over rice never had it so good ! This creamy pudding is the perfect way to use up the extra white rice from Chinese take-out or from tonight's supper, and delicious enough to make you cook some up fresh, just so you can have this for dessert! Tastes great warm or cold--Enjoy!!
- In large bowl, combine sugar, salt, cornstarch and nutmeg.
- Add milk, egg yolks, and vanilla, using wire whisk to beat until smooth.
- Add cooked rice, and pour into a 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish--you can also use a 9 x 9 square baking dish, but you'll need to decrease the cooking time by at least 15 minutes, if not more, so check carefully after the first hour.
- Place baking dish into larger pan, and pour hot water into outer pan to create a 1 inch deep water bath.
- Bake at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours, or until pudding is creamy and milk is absorbed.