Recipe by bbydlljd
I never tried rice pudding until I was introduced to this recipe. I've made it about 5 times in the last month. It's very creamy and sweet so we like to pour milk over the top and eat it that way. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (maybe more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water to boil. Add rice, vanilla, and salt. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add milk and cook over low heat until rice is tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a different bowl, mix cream, eggs, sugar, and raisins. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fold cream mixture into rice on the stove.
- Lightly butter a medium glass dish. Pour rice mixture into greased dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put an inch of water into a baking pan and then put the rice pudding dish into the baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes. Let cool and eat.