1/2 Photos of The "best" Refried Beans
4 hrs 5 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
I love this recipe, plus if you increase the amount of beans, you don't have to use them all for the recipe, the leftover beans are good to freeze and make refried beans in the future.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place pinto beans and garlic in crockpot and cover with water.
- 2Cook beans until tender, usually 3 hours on high.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt the bacon grease on medium heat.
- 4Add DRAINED beans to saucepan, do not discard the bean broth though.
- 5Mash the beans with a mashed potato masher, you can make the beans as lumpy or as smooth as you wish.
- 6Once they are mashed to your liking, add the butter.
- 7Add enough bean broth to the mashed beans. You can add more if you like your beans close to the runny side, or less broth if you like your beans nice and thick.
- 8Lastly season with salt/pepper to your liking.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The "best" Refried Beans
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 20.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g