This recipe from Divas Can Cook is TO DIE FOR! The BEST cake I've ever made, the second best I've ever eaten (next to my wedding cake :). I only used 15 drops of red food coloring because I ran out. Next time I won't add any because I don't like dyes in my food. Make it with the Divas Can Cook Cream Cheese frosting I've posted. She says: This is the best red velvet cake I’ve ever had! Super moist with the perfect, classic red velvet taste. Everybody that I make this for loves it!! Hopefully you will too!
My Private Note
Two Tie ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -2 ounce red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain coffee (dont skip this!)
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
- 4Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and red food coloring until combined.
- 5Stir in the coffee and white vinegar.
- 6Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at time, mixing after each addition, just until combined.
- 7Generously grease and flour two round cake pans with crisco and flour.
- 8Pour the batter evenly into each pan.
- 9Bake in the middle rack for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake as cake will continue to cook as it cools.
- 10Let cool on a cooling rack until the pan are warm to the touch.
- 11Slide a knife or offset spatula around the inside of the pans to loosen the cake from the pan.
- 12Remove the cakes from the pan and let them cool.
- 13Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting when the cakes have cooled completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The BEST Red Velvet Cake from Divas Can Cook
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.9
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 363.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g