Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my daughter's recipe. She wants me to put in on Recipezaar for safekeeping.
- 2 -3 lbs red potatoes (cut in chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (minced, salted then pressed)
- 6 -8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- fresh chives
- fresh parsley
- Boil potatoes until soft. Mash potatoes.
- In another pan warm butter, then add salted garlic. Simmer one minutes, then add cream cheese until creamy and melted. Add butter mixture to mashed red skins and stir. Add in herbs. Enjoy -- .
Excellent potatoes! A little high in fat, but great for a special dinner. Served with lamb chops and asparagus. Lots of flavor! Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.
I made these again last night. They are the best red-skin mashed ever!
Great minds think a like. My family has been making these for years. They are excellent!!!! Also, really good with crumbled crisp bacon mixed in.