Recipe by corcascai
These are awesome. The candy is really crunchy and easy to eat. They remind you of the fair. I use Granny Smith Apples because it's the perfect combination of tart and sweet. You don't taste the lemon juice at all, but it give the candy the perfect flavor.
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups light corn syrup
- 4 drops lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 12 granny smith apples (or your favorite variety.)
- 12 wooden skewers or 12 wooden popsicle sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients into a medium saucepan and cook on medium high heat until a candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees. This usually takes from 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, wash and dry your favorite apples. Insert wooden popsicle sticks or skewers. Prepare a baking sheet to hold your apples by spraying it with cooking spray. When the syrup is ready, quickly dip apples and place on prepared baking sheet. Let cool, and enjoy!