Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My grandfather lived with an Italian family briefly and this was one of their favorite dishes...can't have spaghetti any other way now
- 1 lb spaghetti (one box)
- 1 lb sirloin (or top round, whatever is on sale!)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) packagelonghorn colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- Freeze beef just until hard, this will help slice it thin.
- Slice beef into 1/4" pieces, chop onion.
- Sautee Onion and Beef until there is no pink in the meat. Cover with water and simmer 30 minutes, adding water as needed.
- Add tomato sauce and spices. Simmer at least one hour stirring often.
- Cook spaghetti according to box instructions--salt your water. This is the only chance you get to season it.
- Drain spaghetti, pour sauce into your spaghetti pot. Add shredded cheese and mix well.