Recipe by AmyZoe
Super easy and delicious. Recipe courtesy of www.aspicyperspective.com. I doubled the recipe, and I added quite a few more jalapenos, but I'll post it as written.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 chipotle chiles, diced (canned in adobo sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 8 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a medium pot over medium heat. Add the butter, shallots, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Saute for 3 to 4 minutes to soften, then add the half and half and chipotle peppers.
- Whisk in the cornstarch. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer, so the half and half can scald (not necessary with evaporated milk) then lower the temperature to medium-low.
- Stir in the cream cheese and mustard.
- Slowly start adding the shredded cheese.
- Stir and add by the handful, until the sauce comes together. if you prefer your cheese sauce a little thinner, add an extra splash of half and half. Serve immediately, or keep warm in a slow cooker or fondue pot.