Recipe by Sherie717
This is the best pumpkin roll I've ever tasted. Everyone who tastes it always asks for the recipe. I make this every year for Thanksgiving Day and everyone always manages to cram some in their already stuffed bellies! Comes from Nancy at allrecipes.com. (Note: One 29 oz. can of pumpkin will make 5 pumpkin rolls.)
Top Review by Debbb
I have been making this recipe for years since I found it in a 1976 BH&G Holiday Cooking magazine at a yard sale. Slight changes I make to quantities: 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. ginger, 1 cup finely chopped walnuts. This tastes fabulous! The cake is very moist & company is always impressed!
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I omit)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Grease and flour the paper.
- In large bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on top (if using).
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
- Mike confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine and cream cheese together for filling until smooth.
- Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners sugar, if desired.