Recipe by Jazmina
My Mom made this pie every year growing up, it's a favorite. There is nothing to complain about when you have pumpkin, spices, condensed milk, and brandy. Enjoy, I know I do.
Top Review by D. Baker
Jazmina, I'm sorry I have to say this, but I much prefer Libby's Pumpkin Pie recipe. Libby's recipe is a lot more moist, and I prefer the the taste of a traditional pumpkin pie.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree or 2 cups mashed pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, brandy, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.