Recipe by Scutch
Anyone can make good puffed wheat cake with this recipe. If followed, you will never have hard puffed wheat cake again. This one is very soft and gooey and chewy.
Top Review by happyhappymom
I loved this recipe!! Very easy super great tasting and not too firm. I like the brown sugar ratio to white sugar which is reversed to most recipes making it gooey. Thanks this is a keeper!!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 cups puffed wheat cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla and puffed wheat in a sauce pan.
- Bring to just a boil over medium heat. Just boil it until "3 bubbles" pop. Do not stir very much, just enough so it won't burn.
- Take pot off of the heat and add the vanilla and mix it inches.
- Pour sauce over puffed wheat and mix until all is coated with the sauce.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan and let cool.