Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the best Tenderloin I've ever had. It's a friends recipe and I love how simple it is! Great for those summer months when it's too hot to turn on the oven. Cook time does not include marinade time.
- 1 -2 lb pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic (to taste)
- Combine Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, Oil, garlic and Red Pepper Flakes in a 13" x 9" (non-metallic) Pan or Ziplock bag to make marinade.
- Add the tenderloin and marinate for at least 4 hours, or overnight (sometimes I'll marinate for almost 2 days!).
- Grill on BBQ over low heat, turning regularly and basting with marianade until internal temperature reaches 160 (about 25 minutes).
- It should be crusty on the outside and tender on the inside - delicious!
good base recipe but it needed some more flavour when I tasted it. I added some minced garlic and a little grated ginger.
I made this tonight and it was wonderful. It is truly the best pork tenderloin EVER! I don't like to rate recipes I've changed, but this was so good I thought I may pass it on. I didn't have any lime juice, so substituted pineapple juice. Only had about 3 hours to marinade, but it was more than flavorful. Don't forget to let stand about 10 minutes before slicing. The moistest pork I've ever had. I reduced the remaining marinade to the consistency of a syrup and lightly drizzled it over the meat. Heavenly!
Wonderful recipe, have been making it for a few years and everyone who has had it wants the recipe. I cut down on the amount of soy after the first time, just a matter of taste. Also add cilantro just before serving. Thanks stacylu!