Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of the first things my husband ever cooked for me. His dad came up with the recipe long ago and I've perfected it. We have this for every special occasion in our family- my 2 year old even loves it! This recipe is simple yet delicious. I cook mine for 4-5 hours though to get the extra gravy because that is the best part. Don't be alarmed if your gravy looks curdled... it's suppose to. Enjoy and watch it disappear.
- Season pork chops on both sides with garlic salt and pepper.
- In an electric skillet, brown on both sides in a drizzle of oil.
- Add milk to skillet to cover chops and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 hours adding milk as it boils down.
- Remove the lid for the last 30 mins to one hour and reduce milk to a curd/gravy.
- Serve each chop with a spoon of gravy on top, or on the side. Enjoy, and watch them disappear.
This was surprisingly good for something so simple! I simmered for about 2-1/2 hours and it was very good. Definitely a keeper!
These were YUMMY! I did mine on the gas stove on low and the cooking time was about 1 hour.