Slow cooker temptation - YUMMY!!
Make and share this The Best Pork Chop Dinner - EVER! recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pork loin chops with bone
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can mushroom, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 potatoes, unpeeled,cut into thin slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- chopped parsley
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet.
- Brown pork chops on both sides. Set aside.
- Combine soup, mushrooms, mustard, chicken broth, garlic, salt, basil and pepper in slow cooker.
- Add potatoes and onion, stirring to coat.
- Place pork chops on top of potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was a terrific recipe and so easy to make! It made excellent gravy for both the potatoes and the pork. The pork chops were fork tender and absolutely delicious!. Thanks for posting.
This turned out great with almost no effort. I used cream of mushroom soup because I didn't have cream of chicken. Also, next time I don't think I'll brown the pork chops first. Since they stay in the crockpot so long, they will get done in there and I will have eliminated some of the fat. Great recipe.
This was sooooo good! I had to alter it a bit because I didn't have some of the ingredients. I used Red Pepper & Basil mustard and cream of mushroom soup. It turned out great! The pork chops were very tender. I'll definately make this again! Thanks :)