Recipe by helowy
This recipe is from my children's preschool art teacher. This truly is the best ever playdough recipe. It will last for several months in an airtight container. No refrigeration is needed. In addition to the food coloring you can add extracts or spices to give it different smells, though these can change how much flour you need to add.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, plus more
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon alum (a preservative usually found with the spices at the grocery)
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl.
- In a glass measuring cup, mix alum, water, oil, and color and add to the flour/salt mixture. Stir until slightly cool.
- Knead well, adding flour until it stops sticking to your hands.
- Keep in an airtight container when not in use.