Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from my children's preschool art teacher. This truly is the best ever playdough recipe. It will last for several months in an airtight container. No refrigeration is needed. In addition to the food coloring you can add extracts or spices to give it different smells, though these can change how much flour you need to add.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, plus more
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon alum (a preservative usually found with the spices at the grocery)
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- food coloring
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl.
- In a glass measuring cup, mix alum, water, oil, and color and add to the flour/salt mixture. Stir until slightly cool.
- Knead well, adding flour until it stops sticking to your hands.
- Keep in an airtight container when not in use.
Best recipe I've found! Easy to do and the kids love that they can help! We used kool aid instead of food coloring :)
AWESOME and easy to make! My daughter loved it. It doesn't stick to the table either!
This is really great and soft. The kids helped and are having a great time playing with it. It doesn't stick to the table either. I made a teal green and added a little peppermint extract. Thanks! This lasted forever. I mean, like, months in a butter container! I put this into my book#234006.