Recipe by Chef Awsome
I found this recipe online and I tell you what It is the best pizza dough I have ever tasted.
- 4 1⁄2 cups unbleached bread flour (high gluten if you can find)
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water, ice cold
- cornmeal, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour salt and yeast together in a mixing bowl. Use a mixer or metal spoon and stir in the olive oil and water until the flour is all absorbed about 5 to 7 minutes. if you are having a sticking issue dip the spoon or your hand in cold water.
- Dust the counter top with flour and transfer the dough over to it. Nead it into a ball and then seperate into six pieces or less dipending on the size of the pizza you want. Take tupaware containers and spray with oil. Add dough to the containers and put in fridge to rise overnight.In the fridge it will keep for 3 days or you can freeze up to 3 months (make sure you cover in oil before freezing).
- On the day you plan to make the pizza remove the dough from the fridge 2 hours before cooking preheat oven to the highest temp it will go usually about 550F or higher.Toss or role the dough to your desired thickness I prefer thin and place on pan dusted with cornmeal. Add toppings ( remember less is more with a good pizza about 3 to 4 toppings plus cheese and sauce) and bake for 5-8 minutes. If top is done before bottom move pizza to a lower shelf and finish.
- Let the pizza rest a few minutes before cutting to let the cheese set alittle and enjoy!