Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
I've tried many recipes, but this one is TOPS! Makes 4-6 13 inch pizzas
Top Review by Quackers1226
My husband made this all by himself and it turned out amazing. My husband doesn't usually do too much beyond eggs and grilled things so believe me when I say, do not be afraid of homemade pizza dough! You can really do this. Very good. thanks for sharing!
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast (or 2 packages)
- 2 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2-5 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a bowl.
- Stir in oil, sugar, salt and FOUR cups of the flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface.
- Knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Knead til smooth 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place til double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Add your favorite toppings of tomato sauce, seasonings like oregano, sweet basil, chili powder, and toppings like bacon, ham, pineapple, pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper or cooked hamburger and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizzas 425°F for 25-30 minutes.