Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, easy and sooooo good! This recipe came from my widowed brother-in-law. Be ready with copies for everyone wants one!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream substitute (IMO)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding or 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional) or 4 -5 tablespoons some maraschino cherries (optional)
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
- In mixer bowl, blend the pineapple, IMO, pudding mix and about 1/4 cup of the juice.
- Add more juice if it seems too thick.
- Discard or save remaining juice.
- Pile into pie shell; chill for at least one hour.
- Garnish, if desired.
A really nice, easy dessert which tastes better the next day than it does when it's freshly made. It's a keeper!
Oh wow... great keeper. The clash of the sweet pudding with the tartness of the pineapple.... awesome exchange in your mouth, nothing to compare, you just must try it. (and I don't like pineapple) 02/17/2010 update.... made again using 4 bananas in lieu of the pineapple, and 1/4 cup milk for the pineapple juice. Sorta smushed the banana coarsly with a fork and proceeded with recipe.... it was great. You may want to cover with whipped cream but I preferred without.
I made this for an office carry in..everyone loved it and asked for my "wife's recipe" they couldnt believe a man could make this..Thanks..so easy and so good..