Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is enough for single crust pie in 9 inch pan the butter makes it brown, the shortening makes it flaky, its perfect!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- combine flour and salt in medium sized bowl.
- cut in butter and shortening with pastry blender or fork.
- add water a little bit at a time, using a fork or hands to blend.
- stop adding water when dough is able to stay in a ball.
- lightly flour a flat surface and rolling pin.
- press ball of dough into a flat disk, place onto floured surface.
- roll dough beginning in middle and pushing outward.
- roll dough onto rolling pin, then unroll over pie pan.
- FOR UNFILLED PIE ('blind' baking): preheat oven to 400 degrees, bake for 8-10 minutes.
Once I found this recipe I looked no further. This makes a perfect pie crust every time.
Very nice, easily prepared pie crust that I made to use for another recipe, Pear Butterscotch Pie #390836! Turned out great, thanks to your recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]