This is enough for single crust pie in 9 inch pan the butter makes it brown, the shortening makes it flaky, its perfect!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1combine flour and salt in medium sized bowl.
- 2cut in butter and shortening with pastry blender or fork.
- 3add water a little bit at a time, using a fork or hands to blend.
- 4stop adding water when dough is able to stay in a ball.
- 5lightly flour a flat surface and rolling pin.
- 6press ball of dough into a flat disk, place onto floured surface.
- 7roll dough beginning in middle and pushing outward.
- 8roll dough onto rolling pin, then unroll over pie pan.
- 9FOR UNFILLED PIE ('blind' baking): preheat oven to 400 degrees, bake for 8-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Pie Crust Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1542.4
- Calories from Fat 892
- Total Fat 99.1 g
- Saturated Fat 44.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 1575.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g