The best Holliday dessert that melts in your mouth and makes you go "Mmmm, thats good!" everytime. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter an 8inch square pan;set aside.
- 2Combine Half-and-Half, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. *Note: if sugar gets on the side of the pan, get a small bowl of water and a pastry brush and wipe down the sides.
- 4Add the candy thermometer (bulb of thermometer should not touch the bottom of the saucepan). Continue to cook until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (238 degrees F).
- 5Pour into large heat-proof mixer bowl.
- 6Cool until lukewarm (about 110 degrees F). Don't stir it!
- 7Once it gets to the right temperature, add vanilla and beat with electric mixer until thick and candy looses it's gloss.
- 8Beat in pecans.
- 9Spread into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm.
- 10Cut into squares then store in refrigerator.
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Penuche Ever!!
Serving Size: 1 (1027 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3728.4
- Calories from Fat 1163
- Total Fat 129.3 g
- Saturated Fat 38.6 g
- Cholesterol 150.6 mg
- Sodium 435.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 654.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 628.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g