Recipe by Cupcake#101
The best Holliday dessert that melts in your mouth and makes you go "Mmmm, thats good!" everytime. :)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter an 8inch square pan;set aside.
- Combine Half-and-Half, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. *Note: if sugar gets on the side of the pan, get a small bowl of water and a pastry brush and wipe down the sides.
- Add the candy thermometer (bulb of thermometer should not touch the bottom of the saucepan). Continue to cook until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (238 degrees F).
- Pour into large heat-proof mixer bowl.
- Cool until lukewarm (about 110 degrees F). Don't stir it!
- Once it gets to the right temperature, add vanilla and beat with electric mixer until thick and candy looses it's gloss.
- Beat in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares then store in refrigerator.