Recipe by Kat's Mom
From the January 2010 Taste of Home magazine by Alberta Kay. Make the dough ahead of time and allow time for it to chill. The proportions are a bit different than other recipes posted. These sound like the wonderful cookies my mother used to make. Will let you know soon.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar, for rolling cookies in (approx. 2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Refrigerate dough until chilled.
- WHEN READY TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Roll into one inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire racks.
- Roll cooled cookies again in additional confectioners' sugar.