Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This candy has a smooth consistency and a wonderful aroma of peanuts; a favorite for gift giving.
Make and share this The Best Peanut Butter Fudge Ever! recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Generously butter a 7x11-inch pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan mix sugar, salt, corn syrup, peanut butter, and milk.
- Stir well.
- Cook over medium heat to soft ball stage.
- 238 degrees.
- Remove from heat; add butter and extract.
- Beat until mixture is thick and has lost its gloss.
- Pour into pan.
- When cooled cut into squares.
Sorry, this one didn't really work for me as a fudge. It never set firm enough and it had more of a caramel look and consistency with a just a mild peanut butter taste. I did manage to salvage it however by rolling it in chopped dry roasted peanuts and making small log shapes...taste like a payday...mmmmm. So, while this didn't work out for a fudge for me, I do like the payday I ended up with. I did use reduced fat peanut butter and canned evaporated milk, so that could've been the reason it didn't set???
Ok Kimberly, your right!! This is the best Peanut Butter Fudge we ever had! Thank you very much for fantastic recipe! This one will be used for years here..