Recipe by Kimberly Justice
This candy has a smooth consistency and a wonderful aroma of peanuts; a favorite for gift giving.
Top Review by zaar mate
Sorry, this one didn't really work for me as a fudge. It never set firm enough and it had more of a caramel look and consistency with a just a mild peanut butter taste. I did manage to salvage it however by rolling it in chopped dry roasted peanuts and making small log shapes...taste like a payday...mmmmm. So, while this didn't work out for a fudge for me, I do like the payday I ended up with. I did use reduced fat peanut butter and canned evaporated milk, so that could've been the reason it didn't set???
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously butter a 7x11-inch pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan mix sugar, salt, corn syrup, peanut butter, and milk.
- Stir well.
- Cook over medium heat to soft ball stage.
- 238 degrees.
- Remove from heat; add butter and extract.
- Beat until mixture is thick and has lost its gloss.
- Pour into pan.
- When cooled cut into squares.