Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got these out of a cookbook called "Just a Matter of Thyme." They are the best peanut butter cookies ever. This makes a really large batch of cookie dough. I was always afraid to cut the recipe in half in fear that it would loose something. Today I finally quartered it and they turned out just as good! When I make the whole batch I usually put half the cookies in the freezer and they are just as good. In fact I kind of like them straight out of the freezer too. This is the softest peanut butter cookie ever=)
- 18 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- Cream together peanut butter and margarine.
- Add sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Dropped by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake.
I was not happy with these cookies..cooking at 350 for 12 minutes...they turned out hard, what is wrong? I like soft chewy peanut butter cookies...