Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
After making muffins this way I will never use a different recipe. You can use whatever fruit you want. I've made them with mangoes and blueberries, peaches & blackberries as well as the peaches and nectarines.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 ripe peach (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1 ripe nectarine, pitted and diced (or use 1 1/2 cup other fruit)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 8 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, white sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add oil, egg, and milk.
- Stir only until blended together.
- Fold in fruit.
- Fill muffin tins to the top.
- Sprinkle tops with brown sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
I made this with 2 cups of chopped peaches, no nectarines, only half a cup of sugar and added walnuts. The muffins came out perfect, moist and sweet.
I changed the recipe a bit. I doubled it and got 24 muffins. I substituted oil for apple sauce, brown sugar for turbinado sugar, and I used 3 ripe mangoes. I also added two tablespoons of vanilla essence and juice from one lime. I also put lime zest on the top. They were delicious! I will definitely be making these again, only with different fruit, it was so easy to make!
Really good. I added 1 tsp of cinnamon and vanilla and made mini muffins - so good.