After making muffins this way I will never use a different recipe. You can use whatever fruit you want. I've made them with mangoes and blueberries, peaches & blackberries as well as the peaches and nectarines.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 8 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, white sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add oil, egg, and milk.
- Stir only until blended together.
- Fold in fruit.
- Fill muffin tins to the top.
- Sprinkle tops with brown sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.