Prep 40 mins
Cook 11 mins
Great Pasta salad for summer. Very easy and inexpensive.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (Barilla is best)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Kraft sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While pasta is cooking, chop tomato, peppers and onion into very small pieces. Add olives and mix.
- Drain Rotini; rinse with cold water for about 3 minutes.
- Mix pasta with tomato, peppers, onion and olives.
- Refrigerate for about 1/2 an hour.
- Add salad dressing; mix well.
- Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- If you have left overs, you will have to "re-wet" salad by adding a little more salad dressing the next day, especially if you substitute the dressing with a fat-free dressing.
This was a great salad! I couldn't find any decent tomatoes, so I stuck w/the red and green bell peppers, and a red onion...also added chunks of cucumber, and whole olives since I wasn't sure if everyone liked olives (easier to pick out than sliced). I couldn't find the sun dried tomato dressing, so I used a reduced calorie Italian dressing. Thanks!
When I read this had sun-dried tomato salad dressing in it I knew I had to try it, because thats one of my favorite dressings. It was a wonderful tasting full of flavor salad! I did add a little feta cheese to it, but kept everything else the same. Thanks Bethany.
Wonderful! Much better than the same old Pasta Salad. So simple too! Perfect with any BBQ food.