Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a hit with any crowd. The best part was when all the dip was gone you can eat the bowl which has soaked up all the flavors.You can make the filling ahead in the day and bake just before serving.
- Cut a hole in the top of the bread about 5" in diameter. Remove the soft bread from cut portion and set aside, reserve crust to make a top for the loaf.
- Scoop out most of the soft inside of the loaf, reserve for other purposes.
- Heat olive oil in small saute pan and saute onion and garlic just until soft, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add cheddar and cream cheese, sour cream and the onion/garlic mixture. Mix well. Fold in artichoke hearts.
- At this point you can chill dip.Add 1/2 hour in the oven if you start with cold dip.
- Put all the mixture into hollowed out bread.
- Place top back on and wrap in double thickness of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.
really good dip. i usually eat this with cut up french or italian bread so i did that so that party goers could eat it the same way. quick and easy but the 350 for 1.5 hours kinda put a crimp in the meal plan for me. thats only because i didnt read the whole thing before i started bad habit with me. i would recommend however that you soften the cream cheese before hand to make this easier to make.