Recipe by pcaudill
A good recipe for a novice or experienced cook. Easy to make and 100 times better than any mix. Feel free to add blueberries and bananas if you like. Another variation is to beat the egg whites till stiff and fold them in with the rest of the ingredients to give them that crispy edge that everyone loves so much....
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 fresh banana, cut into 1/3 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together into large bowl.
- Add eggs - if you like you can just add the yolks and beat the whites till stiff and reserve to fold in later.
- Add oil and milk - I prefer organic 2% but whole milk is just as good.
- Mix well and let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Here you would fold in the egg whites if you did this step.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan to medium / med-high.
- Using a paper towel and a little oil, wipe skillet.
- Pour 1/3 of a cup of batter into the skillet and tilt pan to thin out the pancake.
- Here's where I add the blueberries and bananas placing them about 1-inch or less apart and pushing them into the batter.
- Using a wide spatula flip the pancakes when the edges are dry.
- The key to good pancakes are this: don’t let you skillet get too hot and don’t flip the pancakes too soon.
- Have fun and happy eating.