3 hrs 20 mins
This is from "CookSmart" by Pam Anderson. It has a dry rub and you can do it in the oven. So far it is our favorite rib recipe and believe me we, have tested a lot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar or 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus some for seasoning
- 9 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 9 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 pork sparerib racks (remove thin membrane on back of bones with paper towel) or 4 baby back rib racks (remove thin membrane on back of bones with paper towel)
- your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1Adjust one oven rack to low position, remove remaining oven rack, and heat oven to 250°.
- 2Mix a dry rub of the sugar, paprika, pepper, garlic powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a small bowl.
- 3Mix mustard and liquid smoke in another bowl.
- 4Lay ribs directly on removed oven rack and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- 5Brush both sides of slab with mustard mix and then sprinkle both sides with dry rub.
- 6Line jelly roll pan with a large sheet of heavy duty foil, extending foil so it covers oven rack.
- 7Slide rack with ribs into upper-middle position and place foil lined pan on lower oven rack, making sure that foil covers rack.
- 8Bake/roast ribs until fork-tender, 2-3 hours for spareribs and 1 1/2 hours-2 hours for baby back ribs.
- 9If coating ribs with barbecue sauce, remove foil lined jelly roll pan from oven and pour off excess fat.
- 10Transfer ribs to foil lined pan meat side up.
- 11Turn on broiler and brush ribs with sauce and broil until bubbly but not burned.
- 12Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Oven Roasted Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 848.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: