1/1 Photo of The Best Oven Roasted Beef Ever!
1 hr 10 mins
My husband's grandfather was famous for this easy and delicious top round beef roast. Prep is quick, easy, and calls for less than 5 ingredients (not counting the beef, of course). The pan drippings make an out of this world gravy when whisked with a bit of flour. This is best served with mashed potatoes and oven roasted asparagus or broccoli (place veggies on jelly roll pan, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper, roast at 400F for about 20 minutes while the beef rests and you prepare the gravy). Please post pictures and ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325F.
- 2Rub salt and pepper into beef roast.
- 3Massage mustard into beef roast.
- 4Set beef roast in desired roasting pan and cover with sliced onions.
- 5Add a small amount of water to the bottom of the pan if you wish.
- 6Cover with aluminum foil and roast about 1 hour.
- 7Uncover and roast for 30 minutes more.
- 8Cooking time will be less for medium/rare. Use a meat thermometer as your guide.
- 9Remove roast from oven and transfer roast and onions to serving dish. Cover with foil and LET REST FOR 20 MINUTES.
- 10Place roaster pan on burner (or transfer liquids to burner-safe pan) on medium heat and whisk in flour to create a gravy.
- 11Slice beef very thinly and serve with mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, and gravy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Oven Roasted Beef Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 254.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 52.1 g