Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This chicken has the best tangy barbecue sauce! Can't get enough of this one. We serve it with a warm baked potato and drizzle the extra sauce all over everything! Yummy!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced onions (I use white)
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put chicken in baking dish and half of the sauce over it.
- Set aside rest of sauce to pour over cooked chicken.
- Bake at 350°F for 50- 60 minutes, basting twice.
Pretty Good. I reduced the amount of salt tho. During cooking chicken juices make the sauce thinner, so after removing from oven, I returned BBQ sauce to sauce pan and thickened slightly with corn starch and water mixture. I personally like the vinegar flavor, but for a sweet and tangy variation, add brown sugar to taste.
My family really liked this. I had never reakky made my own sauce b4, preferring the store-bought stuff, and I liked this. It was easy as well as tasty.
this was pretty good although next time I'm going to cut the pepper in half since it was a bit too spicy! I like the hint of mustard in it, too. This is a keeper & thank you!