1/4 Photos of The Best One-Bowl Hash Brown Potato Casserole
My family loves this and I make it on regular rotation, it's so easy to make just mix everything in one large bowl then bake, you may prepare the complete casserole and refrigerate until ready to bake, which makes this a perfect potluck dish! --- I have even made this using frozen french fries that I cut up into small pieces when I had no hash browns on hand and can also be made using cooked cubed potatoes --- cream of chicken soup may be used in place of mushroom soup, you may even throw in some chopped cooked ham or chicken also, I most always increase this by using two cans of soup, 1-1/2 cups sour cream and using half a 5-pound bag of hash browns --- you will love this! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can undiluted cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (more to top after baking if desired)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- 3In a large bowl stir together the undiluted soup, milk, sour cream, melted butter, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese; whisk or mix until well combined.
- 4Mix in the cheddar cheese, onions and hash browns.
- 5Spread into prepared baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 8If desired sprinkle about 2 cups grated chedar cheese on top and return to oven for 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best One-Bowl Hash Brown Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.8
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 703.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: