Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from Anjali Vellody's FOOD column, Weekend. Enjoy! Note: Since this recipe calls for yogurt instead of cream, it is considerably low-fat!
- 375 g any white-fleshed fish, cut into large chunks,washed and dried
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
To be ground to a paste
- 1 1⁄2 inches fresh ginger, washed,peeled and chopped
- 3 whole dried red chilies
- 1 large onion, peeled,washed and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind all the ingredients that have to be ground in a mixer/grinder.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground paste prepared above, sugar, salt, yogurt and the fish pieces.
- Mix thoroughly so as to coat the fish in the masala marinade.
- Cover the bowl and marinate for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, heat ghee in a wok.
- Toss in the cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Stir-fry for a few seconds to a minute.
- Fold in the sliced onions.
- Continue to stir-fry until the onions are golden-brown in colour and smell wonderful.
- Add the fish pieces to the onions alongwith the marinade.
- Stir well.
- Cover the wok in which you are cooking the fish korma, lower flame to a simmer and cook the fish until it is tender and ready to eat.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with long grain White Basmati rice.