1 hr 20 mins
This is from Anjali Vellody's FOOD column, Weekend. Enjoy! Note: Since this recipe calls for yogurt instead of cream, it is considerably low-fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 375 g any white-fleshed fish, cut into large chunks,washed and dried
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
To be ground to a paste
- 1Grind all the ingredients that have to be ground in a mixer/grinder.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the ground paste prepared above, sugar, salt, yogurt and the fish pieces.
- 3Mix thoroughly so as to coat the fish in the masala marinade.
- 4Cover the bowl and marinate for 20 minutes.
- 5After 20 minutes, heat ghee in a wok.
- 6Toss in the cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- 7Stir-fry for a few seconds to a minute.
- 8Fold in the sliced onions.
- 9Continue to stir-fry until the onions are golden-brown in colour and smell wonderful.
- 10Add the fish pieces to the onions alongwith the marinade.
- 11Stir well.
- 12Cover the wok in which you are cooking the fish korma, lower flame to a simmer and cook the fish until it is tender and ready to eat.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Serve hot with long grain White Basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best on Earth Karahi (wok) Low Fat Fish Korma
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 34.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: