Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Besides my soft molasses cookies, these are the 2nd BEST. Another one that you will be lucky if it makes it to the cookie jar. Found this one web searching somewhere.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- preheat oven to 350.
- Soak raisins in hot water.
- and set aside.
- In large bowl, sift flour with soda, salt and spices.
- Blend in oats, sugar and nuts if using.
- In seperate bowl beat eggs with fork and add oil, vanilla and raisin water mixture.
- Pour into dry ingredients, stirring till well mixed.
- Drop by tsp 2" apart on ungreased sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes till golden brown.
I wouldn't necesarily say BEST but they are very good. Nice and moist.
I tried this recipe the other day and it was a huge hit with everyone. Very easy and tasty.
my kids did not like these but hubby did. I didn't think they were good enough to make again.