Prep1 hr 30 mins
The title says it all!! I can never resist these bits of heavenly bliss! They are best made with a standing Kitchen Aid mixer (other brands are just fine too!). The recipe says to chill for an hour, but I usually chill the dough overnight & I think they taste even better. This recipe is great for if you are making cookies for an event & want to split up the time by making the batter at night & baking them the next day. Please enjoy!
- 1. Miss together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- 2. In a separate bowl (the kitchen aid mixing bowl, if you have the mixer), beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3. Beat in egg and vanilla to sugar mix until blended.
- 4. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until blended. I usually add 1/2, mix, and then add the other 1/2.
- 5. Fold in oats and chocolate chips. Then cover and chill for at least 1 hours.
- 6. Preheat oven to 350 F & grease baking sheets.
- 7. Shape dough into 1-in balls, 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies lightly.
- 8. Bake until lightly browned around edges, about 10-12 minutes.
- 9. Cool & watch them disappear!