1/10 Photos of The Best (No Kidding) Buttermilk Pancakes
Chef Kate's Note:
I know there are a zillion pancake recipes already but I went thru and this one IS different and SO good. I think that mixing well, sifting the dry ingredients, and carefully folding in the egg whites makes these so very fluffy. And, wonder of wonders, you can freeze the batter, defrost in the fridge, and the pancakes are perfect. One more thing--you must use real maple syrup and you must warm it before serving it with the pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the yolks until pale and smooth.
- 2Beat in the buttermilk and then the baking soda and mix well.
- 3Sift in the dry ingredients mixing as you add; make sure the batter is smooth.
- 4Add in the melted butter and mix well.
- 5Beat the egg whites in another bowl until stiff.
- 6Fold into the batter until no bits of white are visible.
- 7Let batter stand about 20 minutes before making pancakes.
- 8Make sure your griddle is really hot (the old water droplet test).
- 9Ladle batter onto griddle; turn when bubbles form across the cakes and allow to lightly brown on the second side.
- 10Serve with warm maple syrup and sweet butter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best (No Kidding) Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g