Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom found this recipe years ago. Since she didn't like to cook she loved this because it's so easy. It's lighter than traditional pumpkin pie and has such a wonderful flavor. It's become my family's favorite.
- 1 envelope knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Mix the first seven items in a saucepan.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat, while stirring, until slightly thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in pumpkin and pour into pie crust.
- Chill and serve with your choice of whipped topping.
Flavor was good, but found it much too sweet. Guess I'm not a big fan of sweetened evaporated milk. Since I have a relatively low sugar tolerance, don't let this dissuade you. Definitely easy to make and flavorful.
This is the perfect recipe for a no-bake pumpkin pie. This was my dessert for Thankgiving in Japan this year. You can't find canned pumpkin here, so I used whole pumpkins. It firmed up nicely and was really simple to make. I used recipe #63068 for the graham cracker crust. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe -- I will surely be making it again!
This was so easy to make and it tastes wonderful. I served it for company and they all wanted the recipe. Definitely one I'll make again.