Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is one of my favorite cookies. I fiquered out a couple of new things then the other recipes. It is when you get your stick of butter out melt it and let it cool till you mix it together with other ingredients. When you do this they set up faster and easer.I also find that if you sift your cocoa you won't have chunks of cocoa in it. or if you don't have that time just get a wisk out and wisk it till smooth
- 1⁄4 cup sifted cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk (whole or regular)
- 1⁄2-1 cup of stick margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Let Margarine Melt and cool before you start number 2.
- Bring Cocoa(sifter or not), sugar,milk and margarine to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- (Be sure you are watching the time).
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and drop onto wax paper.
- Let Cool.
I definitely changed this one up...used 1/3 c. butter, 1/3 c. brown sugar and crushed cinnamon shredded wheat cereal in place of the oatmeal...everything else was the same, and they're a favorite!