Recipe by punkinqueen
I've been experimenting with several versions of this recipe and I think I've found the best variation. The others I've tried are either too juicy and you have to keep them cool to keep their shape, or they're just too crumbly and don't stay together well. This combination has (in MY opinion) the best consistency.
Top Review by perogyproject
These were great: quick, easy, could find all ingredients in my kitchen, and chewy when ready to eat! I omitted the cup of sugar and instead added 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips along with the marshmallows to melt together. Near the end i added an additional cup of marshmallows with the oats and coconut, as well as 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds, another pantry staple to kick up the nutritional value a notch.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter (I prefer salted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Add milk and butter to a medium or large sauce pan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add sugar and cocoa powder and stir until well blended.
- Turn heat to high and boil for 3 minutes.
- Take off of heat and add marshmallows.
- Once marshmallows are well blended, add vanilla.
- Add coconut and oats and mix well.