I've been experimenting with several versions of this recipe and I think I've found the best variation. The others I've tried are either too juicy and you have to keep them cool to keep their shape, or they're just too crumbly and don't stay together well. This combination has (in MY opinion) the best consistency.
- Add milk and butter to a medium or large sauce pan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add sugar and cocoa powder and stir until well blended.
- Turn heat to high and boil for 3 minutes.
- Take off of heat and add marshmallows.
- Once marshmallows are well blended, add vanilla.
- Add coconut and oats and mix well.