1/2 Photos of The Best Moist Sweet Cornbread
This is more like a cake it's so moist and light, you may want to add in some green chilies or shredded cheddar cheese --- for a less sweeter taste reduce sugar to 1/2 cup --- this is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional add in for heat)
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup oil (use vegetable or olive oil)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn kernels, well drained
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Butter an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish.
- 4In a large bowl mix together flour with sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- 5In another bowl whisk together half and half cream or milk, eggs, oil and melted butter; add to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- 6Mix in canned corn niblets.
- 7Transfer to baking dish.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes or until the the cake tests done.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Moist Sweet Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 184.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g