Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is definitely the best frosting I have ever had. I am in love with it! Perfect texture....nothing like store bought! It is wonderful on everything!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee, dissolved in a splash of hot water
- In your mixer, beat the softened butter with the powdered sugar until it is creamy.
- Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract & coffee.
- Beat with the mixer until it's nice and fluffy (about a minute or 2)
- This makes a perfectly spreadable frosting. The nice thing about it is that you can put it in the fridge to make it a little more firm if you would like.
I made this recipe for the first time a few weeks ago, and everybody loved it! I used it for cupcakes, and I added a little more coffee to mine. One batch of frosting will easily ice 2 dozen cupcakes. For a little extra something I added shaved chocolate to the top. It's very popular with my family and friends! Thank you so much for sharing it.
Used to pipe on small brownies (brownie bites). Very good. Great piping consistency, smooth.
Good recipe and the only thing I do differently is to cream my butter to pale and fluffy before adding the vanilla extract and coffee, then I sift the icing sugar and cocoa together and add that in small quantities .. I had to double the recipe for a large mocha cake that I wanted to fill and cover ..