Recipe by nome179er
This is a receipe I received from my mother. These are a little time consuming to make, but there are never any left when I take them to parties! You have to use a mini muffin pan, as this is the only way these will work.
Top Review by FloridaNative
These are absolutely to die for ! Reminds me of family reunions I attended as a young girl, where all the southern ladies would show up with their best desserts. These are so good - I will definitely make these again - they are something special and bring back great memories. Thanks for posting - made for spring PAC 2012.
- 85.04 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml flour
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar
- 4.92 ml butter
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl combine 3 oz of cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 cup of flour.
- Beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- Use a mini muffin pan (only the mini will work, regular muffin pan size is too big) and scoop about a tablespoon of dough into each muffin cup.
- Using your fingers work dough into the cup shape (all the way up the sides about an 1/8 in thick, and about a 1/4 inch thick on the bottom.).
- Continue until all the cups are made.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan cook 1 Tsp of butter until lightly browned.
- In another medium bowl mix 1 egg, 1 cup dark brown sugar packed, 1 Tsp of browned butter, a pinch of salt, and 1 Tsp Vanilla.
- Blend well until a smooth dark brown runny mixture forms.
- Spoon the brown filling into each muffin cup about 1/2 to 3/4's full.
- Repeat until all cups are filled.
- Bake at 350 for approx 8-11 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. The edge of the crust on the top of sides should be light brown. The brown filling will crust on top, and be runny in the middle.
- Optional: An additonal garnish is to place a pecan half on top of brown filling before baking.