Everyone's sweet favourite... delicious layers of shortbread, caramel and chocolate
Make and share this The Best Millionaire’s Shortbread from England recipe from Food.com.
- You will also need: 18cm (7in) square brownie tin, lined with baking parchment
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and then lightly press the mixture into the tin to make an even layer. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Place the butter and sugar into a non-stick pan and stir over a medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. To make a golden caramel, add the condensed milk, stirring continuously, until the first bubbles appear on the surface. Remove from the heat as soon as it comes to the boil.
- Spread the caramel evenly over the crumb base and then cool and chill for about half an hour. Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel, smoothing to the edges.
- When the chocolate has hardened a little, cut into squares.