Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This really is the best meatloaf! So flavorful. My mom found this in a local church cookbook and now it is a family favorite. HEAVENLY!!
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- Place bacon on bottom of a pan Combine meat loaf ingredients.
- I make about 2 loaves.
- Place loaves on top of bacon.
- Combine ingredients for the sauce and bring to a boil-simmer about 10 minutes.
- Bake meatloaf at 350 for 1 hour and baste with sauce while cooking.
I have served this recipe at family reunions, and shared it with family and friends. They all loved it.
This was pretty good. Even my dh who doesn't really like meatloaf said it was good. There are sooo many meatloaf recipes out there. I will probably make this one again. Thanks!